Every year, the SXSW (South by Southwest) conference brings together the best, brightest, and most creative entrepreneurs across a variety of sectors. For many professionals, the event serves as a launching pad for the technology of tomorrow. If you work in the health or healthcare technology sector, you are probably already considering attending SXSW—one of the hottest conferences hosted in Austin. This year, the conference and festivals will take place from March 10-19 at multiple venues across the capital city of Texas.
Learn More About SXSW
If you haven’t already registered, the deadline for early registration has passed. But you can still purchase tickets for the event. Tickets range in cost from $1,325 for the interactive badge level to $1,650 for the platinum level. The SXSW website provides information to help you determine which tracks and badge types you will find the most beneficial. The official website also details the transportation options and discounts available for staying in the city, along with hotel availability, and the numerous interactive, networking, and entertainment opportunities you can enjoy.
Explore SXSW Health Tech, Austin
This year’s Health, Tech Industry, and Government conference tracks offer speakers on topics ranging from health tech, the tech industry as it relates to healthcare, and session addressing the infection of governmental regulation and healthcare technology Here’s an overview of what you might expect from each track:
- Sessions listed under the Health track include:
- Accuracy: Consumer Wearables & Research Converge
- Collaborative Innovation in the Digital Health Age
- Giving Back: How Returning Data Can Improve Health
- Dunking on Disparity: Health Tech for All
- Tech Industry. Always a popular track at SXSW, the tech industry track offers sessions on some of the latest advancements in the industry including:
- Apprenticeships and Solving the IT Skills Gap
- Blockchain and Decentralization Meetup
- Blockchain Opportunities Abound: The Next Four Years
- Catch Me If You Can—Using SDN to Protect
- The healthcare industry intersects heavily with both the tech industry and government laws and regulations. In this year’s government track includes:
- AI and Deep Learning Tech: Are We Ready?
- Tech Policy Outlook in the 45th Administration
- The Threat is Evolving: Are You? Meetup
- When Should My Data Become the Government’s Data?
Discover Notable Speakers
As you explore session types, topics, and scheduling, keep an eye out for some of these well-known industry speakers and tech leaders:
- Hiroshi Ishiguro and Dr. Ryuichiro Higashinaka. Mr. Ishiguro and Dr. Higashinaka will lead a fast-paced discussion about the intersection of humans and robots. Dr. Higashinaka is a senior research scientist who works at NTT Media Intelligence Laboratories. Mr. Ishiguro is a professor who specializes in systems engineering.
- Beth Comstock and Steve Case. The vice chair of GE and the well-known entrepreneur from Revolution LLC will lead a session on “Navigating a Rapidly Changing and Connected World.” Part of the Startup Village, this session will cover the myriad of changes IoT devices bring to healthcare settings, the hospitality industry, and transportation.
- Mark Cuban, Michele Skelding, and Adam Lyons. In this featured session, Michele Skelding will lead a discussion with the Shark Tank entrepreneur and the CEO of The Zebra on, “an exploration of regulatory restriction, technological advancement, and the future of disruptive technologies.
- Alex Gorsky and Ginni Rometty. During a health track session, Clay Johnston of Dell Medical School will lead a discussion with Alex Gorsky (Johnson & Johnson CEO) and Ginni Rometty (IBM CEO) on, “Collaborative Innovation in the Digital Health Age” on March 13.
Why Plan to Attend SXSW 2017?
With more than 750 sessions during the nine-day event, these highlighted speakers and topics represent only a fraction of the possibilities available to attendees interested in health and technology information. According to the SXSW 2017 website, this year event organizers have streamlined the massive conference to include 24 tracks and expanded access for all registrants. Benefits of attending SXSW Health Text 2017 include:
- Premier networking opportunities. Everybody who is anybody in health, technology, and related fields will attend this event. Whether you’re searching for new clients, an innovative idea for business, or some new partners to help you accomplish more in coming years, this event offers ample opportunities to brush shoulders with tech leaders, celebrities, and peers.
- The debut of the latest and greatest innovations. Every year, innovators reveal fascinating new concepts, prototypes, and simulations attendees can absorb. Media coverage during and after the event doesn’t do this must-see event justice. Talk to inventors, get inspired, and find your passion at this hub of creativity and invention.
- Opportunities to see the latest new product demos, and observe emerging industry trends. OnRamp recently introduced our Encryption Service powered by Vormetric, for protection of sensitive ePHI under HIPAA regulations. Contact us if you’d like to schedule a demo of this new service.
We look forward to attending SXSW every year. Like everyone else, at OnRamp, we value having a chance to interact with our peers and learn about exciting advancements and industry insights. In an event that draws over 80,000 attendees per year, we hope you’ll consider joining us in a celebration of healthcare, technology, and innovation.
Meet Us at OnRamp’s SXSW Party: Workspace Revolution on Friday, March 10
OnRamp is joining Team Austin, theCHIVE, GlobeKick, and Kopyrighting Course for an informative panel on how the workforce is changing at 4pm, followed by an after party at the Journey Coworking (formerly ATX factory). This event is open to the public, but an RSVP highly encouraged as we anticipate a great turnout and space is limited. There will be live bands, drinks, and food… all for free!