The RSA Conference in San Francisco, scheduled for February 12–17, is one of the world’s best cybersecurity gatherings. Every year, tens of thousands of attendees flock to the West Coast to hear the latest in industry innovations and solutions to cybersecurity issues. OnRamp will attend the five-day event at the Moscone Center and Marriott Marquis, and hope to share our expertise with you.
Learn More About the Event
RSAC (RSA Conference) 2017’s program committee planned the focus topics based on security reports, challenges, and news from 2016. The speakers were hand-selected from a pool of 2,200 speaker submissions. Ransomware, data security, IoT security, and cloud security are just a few of the topics covered. Considered one of the top IT security events of the year, there’s no better place to learn from the experts that live and breathe cybersecurity. Attendees will have access to more than 500 exhibitors, 400 sessions featuring knowledgeable speakers, hands-on training, and multiple networking opportunities.
This year, RSAC will also include session reservation capabilities as well as an expanded campus—in addition to the Moscone Center, the nearby Marriott Marquis will host RSAC activities and networking. Register for the conference now.
Discover the Sessions, Speakers, and Sponsors
The RSAC 2017 conference can seem enormous, and perhaps a little overwhelming, but it offers exposure to the world’s best cybersecurity experts. Simply plan your agenda beforehand for best results. From Google to the MI5, RSA speakers come from diverse backgrounds and varied industries to share their perspective on cybersecurity. Some of the most highly-anticipated speakers and sessions include:
- “How Google Protects its Corporate Security Perimeter without Firewalls.” Heather Adkins, the director of information security at Google, brings her 14 years of experience at Google to the RSAC in this real-world challenges and solutions presentation.
- Keynote presentation from Dame Stella Rimington. Rimington was the former director general of MI5 and the first woman director of the agency. As an experienced security leader, Rimington’s keynote promises to deliver fascinating insights into international cybersecurity trends and developments.
- “Encryption and Back Doors: The Line Between Privacy and National ” A panel discussion featuring several privacy industry speakers, this session explores the cause and effect of back doors in any security solution.
Other notable keynote speakers include SANS founder Alan Paller, Late Night Show host Seth Meyers, writer and television host Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson, and the Vice President of Cisco’s Security Business Group David Ulevitch.
With hundreds of speakers, this list only represents the very tip of the iceberg in security matters—from hardware design to the ramifications of current cyber-law, RSAC 2017 features information on a range of security topics, from hardware design, to cyber law considerations to the role of security in web development.
Attend for Critical Security Information
As you plan your RSAC experience, be sure to gain insights into these topics:
- Securing the cloud. As more organizations store private and sensitive data in the cloud, they must consider all vulnerabilities. From the possibilities of blockchain technology to using edge and fog computing to complement cloud traffic, attendees will learn the best practices for securing a cloud environment in today’s threat landscape.
- Combating ransomware. A rash of ransomware attacks on healthcare organizations in 2016 makes this topic one of the hottest. The conference will feature a full day of ransomware education and its legal, technical, and financial implications.
- Challenges associated with firewalls. While historically used as a first defense, many companies, including Google, have moved way from firewalls. Attendees will learn how mobility is changing security and the reliability of firewalls against modern cybercriminals.
- The role of security in web development. Security starts in coding, but many developers focus entirely on functionality and user-experience. The conference will explore the need for proactive security in web development.
In addition to key subject areas, the 2017 conference will also debut a brand new program series designed to inform students and cybersecurity veterans. Look for program information about RSAC AdvancedU and the RSAC CyberSafety Initiative.
RSAC 2017 dates are drawing near. Register to reserve your place and take advantage of conference lodging prices and early registration discounts. At OnRamp, we’re looking forward to this unique opportunity to share insights among the brightest minds and learn about pressing issues in the international fight against cybercriminals. Email our team if you want to meet up—we’d love to see you there!