AUSTIN, TX – OnRamp, a leading high security and hybrid hosting provider specializing in HIPAA Compliant Hosting solutions, announced today that the company will be returning to the American Telemedicine Association (ATA) 2015 International Meeting & Trade Show, May 2-5 in Los Angeles, California. For over 20 years, ATA has been the premier forum for healthcare professionals and entrepreneurs in the telemedicine, telehealth and mHealth space. OnRamp will make its third appearance at this event to discuss the IT challenges conference attendees face when storing electronic protected healthcare information in the cloud.
“Like businesses across most industries, telehealth and mobile health providers are rapidly adopting outsourced technologies, including cloud computing, to more effectively accomplish their data center mission,” stated OnRamp Founder Chad Kissinger. “However, the flexibility offered by the cloud also comes with compliance concerns related to outsourcing sensitive patient data to a third party cloud provider. Understanding the important role data centers play in maintaining the confidentiality, availability and integrity of protected health information, the evolving security threat landscape and the legal and financial penalties that come with non-compliance, OnRamp has built a comprehensive set of solutions to address these specific concerns.”
The 20th annual event is expected to attract over 6,000 attendees for networking and interactive learning programs spanning 13 educational tracks and a prestigious lineup of keynote speakers, including:
- Sanjay Gupta, MD, multiple Emmy-award winning chief medical correspondent for CNN and practicing neurosurgeon
- Patrick Soon-Shiong, MD, founder and CEO of the Healthcare Transformation Institute and Nantworks, a South African-American surgeon, medical researcher, businessman, philanthropist
- Yulun Wang, PhD, President of ATA and CEO of InTouch Health
- Reed V. Tuckson, MD, ATA President-Elect, Managing Director of Tuckson Health Connections, and former Chief of Medical Affairs at UnitedHealth Group and Senior Vice President for Professional Standards of the American Medical Association
- LTG (Ret.) James Peake, MD, ATA Vice President, President of CGI Federal and Former U.S. Secretary of Veterans Affairs and Surgeon General of the United States Army.
In addition to showcasing the company’s HIPAA Compliant Hosting solutions from Booth #1938, several members of OnRamp’s staff will be onsite to demo its online, HIPAA Risk Management Tool for conference attendees. Developed by OnRamp’s HIPAA implementation experts, this proprietary online application guides users through a three-step process to easily diagnose, assess and manage any vulnerabilities and risks associated with their IT infrastructure at OnRamp. OnRamp works closely with each customer to design and implement systems and applications to meet HIPAA’s privacy and security standards and related administrative, technical and physical safeguards.
For more information about ATA 2015, visit: http://www.americantelemed.org/ata-2015