This year’s Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) annual conference kicks off on February 19, 2017. The five-day conference, held at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, FL, focuses on education and networking for professionals in healthcare management, healthcare finance, and healthcare technology. It’s considered one of the top 10 health IT conferences by experts in the industry. Don’t miss the action at HIMSS! We’ll be there. And we’re already counting down the days until it starts.
Learn More About HIMSS 2017
HIMSS North America is part of an international nonprofit organization dedicated to transforming health and patient treatment through cutting-edge technology, including advanced analytics, security stress testing, IoT device security, and interoperability. The annual conference routinely brings tens of thousands of conference participants to a new and exciting location. This year, attendees will congregate in Central Florida for a week of engaging speaker sessions, interactive exhibits, and networking opportunities.
Conference organizers compiled over 300 educational programs for this year’s gathering and expect over 1,200 leading health IT vendors to attend and/or host exhibitions. OnRamp will attend and discuss their healthcare solutions at a booth; for those of you who are interested in product demos or have questions, we’ll be happy to answer them in person. Look for booth 2642 to learn more about our colocation, managed hosting, and private cloud product offerings—all of which focus on performance, security, and compliance in PHI management. We’ll be sharing insights into the latest methods for data management and security in 2017.
If you’re looking to see some familiar faces and make new connections, the conference offers a variety of breakfasts, special interest group meetings, a wellness challenge, and other interactive events. If you’re a first-time attendee, Sunday, Feb 19, is dedicated to pre conference activities and an orientation, which may be helpful. Learn more about the online and in-person orientation.
Start Planning Now – Here’s The 2017 Lineup
A few of the can’t-miss sessions, speakers, and events on this year’s schedule include:
- Keynote address from John Boehner. The former speaker of the House of Representatives will deliver a speech on the “Political Perspectives on America’s Future.”
- Keynote address from Robert Herjavec and Kevin O’Leary. Well known as Shark Tank investors, these popular speakers are scheduled for a February 23 appearance. Herjavec is a well-known cybersecurity expert and entrepreneur, while O’Leary is an author and investor in innovation.
- Keynote address from Ginni M. Rometty. The chairman, president, and CEO of IBM will also deliver a keynote address based on her experience as a leader in technology.
After a few days of informative speakers and sessions, Wednesday’s special event promises a change of pace: an evening at “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.” This conference truly has it all—the expertise, entertainment, networking, and educational opportunities needed to draw a great crowd from healthcare and technology sectors.
Who Should Attend?
HIMSS is designed for health and technology leaders and influencers, consultants, entrepreneurs, healthcare finance professionals, government health professionals, IT, physicians, nurses, pharmacy professionals and more. If your work involves healthcare information, products, patients, or finances, the 2017 conference will provide incredible value. Read more about the type of professionals who plan to attend.
Not Sure If HIMSS17 Is Right for You? Here’s Four Great Reasons to Register
If you’re hesitant to register for the conference, consider these reasons why the HIMSS 2017 Conference is a worthwhile investment of time and money:
- Cutting-edge insights. Attend numerous sessions and exhibitions to learn about the latest IT and health products poised to change the future of healthcare.
- Access the Cybersecurity Command Center. Attendees will hear from private-sector and government experts on the current threat landscape and cybersecurity best practices.
- Participate in professional development activities. Attendees can partake in review sessions and sign-up for HIMSS certification exams during their stay.
- Network with peers, thought leaders, and compliant With a focus on health IT and countless opportunities to meet others with similar goals, there’s no better place to have productive conversations.
Register for the HIMSS 2017 conference today to receive advance registration pricing. After January 23, the prices will increase. We look forward to seeing you at booth 2642 and invite you to preschedule a meeting with our experts.
Image Credit : http://www.himssconference.org/