Business and technology are changing dramatically—and rapidly. To achieve excellence, modern technology professionals must continually learn new platforms, skills, and services. And where better than the Interop ITX Conference in Las Vegas from May 15-19? Interop ITX offers five days of education, real life examples, and networking opportunities for technology leaders, both current and aspiring.
Let’s review how Interop ITX will help you stay abreast of technology challenges and drive business excellence. OnRamp will be there, will you?
Pick from One of Six Technology Tracks
Interop ITX conference is designed to train technology enthusiasts in all business matters, from cultivating leadership to combating security breaches. The world is your oyster: Follow one track through the entire conference or follow several topics at your leisure:
We’re evolved into the age of software-driven technology. Interop ITX delivers sessions on virtual environments, next-generation wide-area networks, container technology, mobility architecture, and modern data centers. Notable courses and lectures include:
- The Robots Are Coming: What Skills We Must Teach Now to Prepare for an Automated Future. Automation is the future of business; it increases productivity but raises concerns about job loss and the need for employees to learn new skills. This session provides a glimpse into the future of the IT and offers suggestions to prepare the next generation of IT pros for automation.
- The Case for Containers: What, When, and Why? This presentation offers an inside view of the containers trend, including what they are, how they’ll affect operations, and their costs vs. benefit.
The threat landscape is worsening, and IT professionals must be adequately prepared to mitigate risk. There are several sessions on the discipline of cybersecurity:
- Ransomware: How to Stop It in Its Tracks & Respond When You Can’t. Learn how to catch ransomware in the act, complete inventory, and triage the incident successfully should an attack slip through the cracks.
- Insider Threats: Finding Them and Rooting Them Out. Disgruntled employees or third-party vendors with too much access can compromise your data systems. Learn how to prevent insider threats before problems arise.
DevOps classes help you bridge the gap between application development and your IT operations. Choose from a variety of sessions regarding mobility, delivery, and methodology:
- DevOps: A Practical Framework for Technology, Process, & Organizational Change. This session discusses the importance of, and provides tips for, the technical adoption of DevOps, as well as required process changes and organizational design.
- DevSecOps: Minimizing Risk, Improving Security—an essential conversation about DevOps and cybersecurity.
4. Leadership and Professional Development
Sessions focus on building careers and insight into recruitment, budgeting, innovation, and developing essential skills.
- Navigating the Process of Innovation. Learn actionable tips for creating an environment of continuous innovation.
- Millennial Re-Tension: How Organizations Can Keep Emerging Talent. As the name implies, keeping millennial talent is not a simple task, as the average tenure is 3 years. Learn the trick to retaining the talent you value.
Sessions address how to use the cloud to your advantage by learning about hybrid, public, and private cloud solutions.
- How IoT Impacts Your Cloud Security Strategy. Bill Kleyman of MTM Technologies discusses how the rise of IoT should change your cloud security plan.
- Cloud Costs vs. Benefits Tradeoffs. This discussion will highlight the costs and benefits of different cloud solutions.
6. Data and Analytics
The amount of data we use is skyrocketing. Learn how to use it to your advantage:
- Leveraging Big Data for Business Success. Kirk Borne of Booz Allen Hamilton leads this discussion of using big data to power your enterprise.
- Data Quality: Five Mistakes that Could Sink Your Analytics Ship at Launch. Learn the difference between data quantity and quality in this talk lead by Karen Lopez of InfoAdvisors.
Justify Your Visit
Interop ITX offers a year’s worth of technology education in a five-day event. Build a custom educational experience by hand picking from 130 mini sessions. During your stay, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with a passionate community of like-minded individuals trying to improve technology workflows at their businesses. It’s truly a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
And, if you need a reason to justify your attendance at this exciting conference, Interop offers a justification toolkit to convince your managers.
Book your trip by registering for Interop ITX and schedule a time to meet with an OnRamp team member today. See you in Vegas!