As a Growing Company, We Are Always Looking for Thoughtful, Motivated Professionals to Join Our Team.
We are in search of passionate and motivated professionals that embody our company’s core values and will help take our business to the next level. Together, let’s have a great time providing customers with the best data center operations support and solutions possible.
Look for positions in the following departments:
Tier I Technician | Austin, TX or Raleigh, NC
Must be able to work night shifts
OnRamp’s Tier I Datacenter Technician is responsible for assisting customers that require technical assistance with Microsoft or Linux servers, monitoring the operation of the data center, and controlling physical access to the data center. This position reports to the Manager of Technical Services.
- Directly responsible for answering customer inquiries in person, on the phone and electronically
- Monitor data center and network and report problems to customers and network engineering staff in a timely manner
- Manage physical security of the data center authentication/authorization of guests and visitors
- Other duties as assigned by the Network Engineers or management team
- For customer satisfaction, the candidate will be expected to provide timely and accurate communication of issue status and resolution to the customer
- Accurately and professionally document all communication with the customer
- Maintain current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always on a look out for new technologies
- A minimum of 1-3 years of technical support experience with:
- TCP/IP Internetworking
- Telecommunications troubleshooting
- Technical support for Microsoft Servers and Clients
- Technical support for Microsoft applications including Exchange, SQL Server, etc.
- Technical support for Linux operating systems for servers
- HP and Cisco hardware configuration and maintenance
- Communication skills (face-to-face, phone, and email) with the ability to provide support to customers and work with Onramp engineers and staff
- Ability to respond quickly in emergency situations and persistence to work until the issue is resolve
Channel Acquisition Manager – Austin, TX
The Channel Acquisition Manager (CAM) is an integral member of the Channel Sales team, focused primarily on signing up new, productive partners to the OnRamp Channel Partner Program. The Channel Acquisition Manager’s efforts will be concentrated both within his/her own professional network and beyond in out-bounding to net new logos to drive awareness of OnRamp, build the OnRamp Brand, and recruit new partners. It is therefore important that the CAM have several years of industry experience that enable his/her efforts to be built off a base of a solid network of potential partners. The CAM will also work closely with Channel Marketing in utilizing OnRamp’s marketing investments, programs, and resources to drive new partner interest.
This position reports to the Sr. Director, Channel Sales.
The Channel Acquisition Manager’s responsibilities all revolve around the recruiting and signing up of new partners to the OnRamp Channel program. The CAM will be responsible for the addition of a certain number of new, qualified partners each month. As such, the CAM is in charge of managing the “sales cycle” of bringing each new partner onboard, from sourcing new potential partners – whether that be through his/her own network, outbounding, or OnRamp Channel Marketing activities, to building the relationship – and if necessary enlisting the right folks within OnRamp Sales management for help, to closing that partner and getting them to join – including working through the details of the Partner Agreement, and other important logistics. While the Channel Acquisition Manager is not responsible for quoting opportunities or closing deals, a significant component of this role will be “selling” OnRamp and its partner program: positioning OnRamp; positioning the benefits of OnRamp’s partner program; positioning OnRamp vs. the competition; and getting these potential partners excited to join the program, and more importantly, recommend OnRamp to their customers.
More specific responsibilities include:
- Build a detailed understanding of the universe of potential partners and prioritize the types of partners to target
- Source new qualified channel partners from out-bounding and your professional network
- Build targeted lists of potential partners
- Conduct regular outbound outreach through multiple forms – phone, email, in-person, OnRamp channel marketing, etc.
- Build relationships with key members of potential partner company organizations
- Work with sales leadership at OnRamp to drive key partner discussions
- Screen out potential partners who may not be likely to become productive partners
- Sell potential partners on OnRamp and the benefits of its partner program
- Work with Channel Marketing to drive interest in the OnRamp Channel Partner Program
- Build targeted outreach campaigns and Channel partner program materials
- Attend tradeshows and other events where networking and relationship-building take place
- Develop and coordinate smaller group events and gatherings (e.g. lunch and learns) within specific geographies
- Work with Channel Sales Managers to drive partner acquisition within specific territories
- Help facilitate the partner sign up progress
- Facilitate the review and (if necessary) negotiation of Partner agreements
- Manage the update of our systems and data (making sure we have all required information, and SFDC is properly updated)
- Hand-off the relationship to the Partner Success Manager for Onboarding/Training
- Ensure that all the required steps are taken (usually by other members of the OnRamp channel team) so that the partner is enabled to promote OnRamp to their customers
We currently have no openings in this department.
We currently have no openings in this department.
We currently have no openings in this department.
Cloud/OpenStack Engineer | Austin, TX or Raleigh, NC
As a Cloud/OpenStack Engineer for OnRamp’s Product Development team, you will help shape the next generation of Private Cloud for OnRamp. Based on OpenStack, this cloud will allow OnRamp’s customer self service capability while supporting secure workloads in a scalable and automated solution. Your experience in systems engineering and DevOps will help guide the development team as we incorporate core OpenStack services with other technology solutions around security and compliance. Your expertise in building and operating OpenStack at scale will be important as we operationalize the platform within OnRamp support and engineering teams, and your ability to work fluently across traditional and cloud based technologies will help drive the DevOps mentality with our teams.
OnRamp is a successful, highly profitable and growing full service hosting company headquartered in Austin, TX. You’ll be part of the product development team which is located in both our Austin headquarters and our Raleigh, NC office. Ideally, you’ll be local to one of these offices. You will report directly to the VP of Product Development.
If you are ready to join a fast-moving expert hosting provider and help shape the future of our product offerings, we want to discuss this great opportunity with you!
What you’ll do:
- Hands-on engineering, evaluating and testing technologies, designing solutions and writing code.
- Work with the agile product development team on detailed technical design.
- Conduct formal/informal discussions, code reviews, design reviews and product demos.
- Interface with internal teams, customers, and partners.
- Drive detailed definition of feature requirements through discussions with product managers and customers.
Skills you must have for this role:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience building and operating OpenStack at a provider or in a large enterprise deployment.
- At least 3 years of practical administrative experience in a Linux server environment, including both operating system and application and orchestration software.
- At least a couple of years’ experience in devops, including work with IT automation tools (Ansible/Salt/Chef/Puppet) as well as shell scripting (bash, perl, python, powershell) – both for operating and building automation templates and scripts.
- Experience with networking technologies (including routing, switching and load balancing) in one or more of the following ways: development, operations and/or engineering.
- Knowledge and practical experience with KVM and/or VMWare virtualization.
- Experience with agile development methodologies such as Scrum, and a team-oriented approach to delivering new features and functionality.
- Experience with configuration management tools.
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot code in Python, Node.js, java, or similar languages.
- Passion to build Infrastructure Automation systems at scale.
- Strong preference for an agile and fast moving environment, where you can see the direct impact of your work.
- Team first mentality – prioritizing the mission and team delivery over personal objectives.
- Willingness to work on both current and future technologies.
In addition, skills and experience that will make you stand out from the competition include:
- Experience implementing and operating security solutions, especially in a multi-tenant environment
- SDN or network virtualization experience, including such technologies as OVS and Linux Bridge. If you’ve dealt with these technologies within OpenStack Neutron, that’s even better.
- Service provider, cloud, or hosting experience in operations, engineering, product or development.
- Knowledge of storage technologies, such as SAN (EMC, 3Par, SolidFire) and NAS, object and block storage.
Our Commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity
OnRamp is committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.