OnRamp’s Full7Layer Support Far Exceeds Other Data Center Providers.
OnRamp goes above and beyond the traditional meaning of “support.” Our Full7Layer Support team has the expertise and resources through all seven layers of the operations stack.
With decades of experience as certified Microsoft, HP, Dell, Cisco, Citrix, VMware, EMC, Red Hat and Linux partners, OnRamp’s team is uniquely qualified to step in and supplement our customer’s abilities.
OnRamp’s Network Operations Center is staffed 24/7/365 by a team of onsite technicians and engineers to provide support where you will most likely need it: inside your rack.
Full7Layer Support Overview
Expert Support Through All 7 Layers.
OnRamp’s Data Center services are backed by our Full7Layer Support. OnRamp’s engineers are available 24/7/365 to provide support where you will most likely need it: inside your rack.
Other Data Center companies like to talk about support, but actually provide very little in the way of real, hands-on help. OnRamp is different. While our engineers regularly perform tape swaps and server reboots, they have the expertise and capability to support customers through all seven layers of the operations stack, going above and beyond routine requests.
In fact, many customers view OnRamp as an extension of their IT department and choose to supplement their expertise, enhance their services, or seek on-demand support in emergencies with the help of OnRamp’s Full7Layer Support.
Full7Layer Support of the OnRamp Operations Stack
- Audited, compliant physical security services
- Environmental systems monitoring
- Reliable delivery of 2N power to the rack
- OnRamp’s state of the art Data Centers are designed to the highest levels of security, redundancy and reliability. To ensure that your systems remain reliably online, every component of each of the critical subsystems is monitored 24/7/365 by OnRamp’s experienced engineers in our Network Operations Centers through a combination of best-in-class industry software, internally developed systems and remote enunciators. Our on-site teams have the engineering knowledge to quickly respond to, diagnose and report any problem for immediate repair.
- Consultative services for architecture of network infrastructure
- Comprehensive network monitoring and diagnostics
- Network security risk assessments for compliance
- OnRamp’s networks are built on best-in-class Cisco Systems hardware and use the Cisco-recommended model of routing with a “Core” layer of routers facing multiple Internet backbones and an “Edge” layer of routers facing the customers with a “full mesh” connecting all routers to all other routers. If any backbone or individual router fails, the network automatically routes traffic around the interruption. On-site monitoring and support from OnRamp’s experienced team of network engineers ensures that any network event does not affect service, making sure your critical systems remain online 24/7/365.
- Racking, stacking, configuration and connection of infrastructure
- Device, service availability and SNMP monitoring
- Troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of hardware
- Compliant hard-drive destruction
- With certified partnerships from HP, Dell, Cisco and EMC, OnRamp engineers have deep, practical hardware and device management experience. Spare enterprise-class servers, Cisco routers, firewalls and switches, and Citrix Netscaler load balancers are kept on-site and are available 24/7/365. OnRamp provides customers with the option of fully Managed Servers, Managed Firewalls, Managed Storage and Managed Backups with offsite storage all backed by Full7Layer Support from OnRamp’s on-site engineering staff 24/7/365.
- Administrative support for provisioning and decommissioning of VMs
- VM-based backup services
- Advanced virtualization support, including: high availability configuration and VM-based DR services
- OnRamp’s engineering team is experienced at building and deploying fully-supported, customized Private Cloud solutions using VMware virtualization software. We secure, monitor and maintain the Private Cloud solution in our state-of-the-art Data Centers with 24/7/365 live, hands-on support accessible by phone, e-mail, VOIP, IM and WebChat.
- Microsoft, Red Hat certified partner
- Administrative support for Microsoft, Linux, Unix and other OS distributions
- Software troubleshooting and repair
- Server Hardening
- As a certified Windows and Red Hat partner, OnRamp’s engineering staff is capable of supporting Windows or Linux, including many alternative distributions as well as other versions of Unix.
- Application configuration and installation
- Database clustering
- Data backups
- Administrative support for Microsoft SQL, MySQL, Exchange and other applications
- With decades of experience in managing and supporting hosting environments for our customers, we work with you to help navigate issues that might arise within the application layer. OnRamp’s onsite team of technicians and engineers help ensure the key components that run your applications remain stable and secure. In addition, OnRamp has partnerships with leading service and application vendors for our customers who need more in-depth application support or development work.
- Comprehensive monitoring and escalation for all other layers
- Risk assessments for sensitive data
- Disaster Recovery planning to meet pre-set objectives
- With several different layers of the most sophisticated monitoring devices employed to provide 24/7/365 real-time notification of service issues, OnRamp provides hands-on engineering level support for all customer equipment and software. OnRamp’s NOC personnel have access to a wide variety of resources to detect and diagnose any problem encountered and can respond to customer inquiries with accurate information usually within the first few seconds of a call.
OnRamp Full7Layer Support Video
Most Data Centers Stop at Layer 2.
OnRamp is Different.
In addition to providing bullet-proof Data Centers and highly reliable networks, we support the infrastructure of the hardware, software, application and monitoring layers where we make sure your IT infrastructure is designed, deployed and maintained in a way that accomplishes your Data Center mission.
“What really stands out is the customer services and the expertise of the NOC staff. I don’t have any problems getting ahold of somebody here if something is critical. In other data centers I have to go through either chasing somebody down or I have to go through bureaucratic red tape that they’ve set in place.”
– Global Network Operations Manager, ASI, Ben Gray